Breaking news: Lady Gaga and Barbara Walters share a style secret!
Know what it is? One look at the accompanying picture will clue you in immediately: These two women share a real knack for bold accessories. This particular image is from the taping of Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009, and it shows the pop star and the reporter sporting larger-than-life bits and baubles. From Gaga’s huge brooch to Babs’ oversized necklace and belt, the look this season is definitely not demure.
Want to make an entrance at your upcoming seasonal soirees? Any one of these pieces will give you the best gift of all: a load of compliments.
1. Quartz Bangle. Made from a single piece of smoky light brown quartz, this chunky arm candy is part fine jewelry, part funky. The geometric facets and bold scale guarantee that you’ll shimmer, whether under a disco ball or by candlelight.
2. Diamond Heart Pendant. The process of micropavé-which sets small diamonds extremely close together to maximize sparkle-is perfect for casual cocktails or special occasions. Plus, the romantic sentiment sets the right tone for the New Year.
3. Cluster Cognac Diamond Ring. Natural colored diamonds are hotter than ever, and a great way to get noticed among the sea of white ice. This cluster ring is a smart buy for another reason: by pairing several stones together, you get a lot of look for less than what a huge rock would set you back.
4. Chartreuse Quartz Ring. No holiday season should be celebrated without a colorful cocktail ring. This version, in chartreuse quartz (a vibrant mixture of green and yellow) will not only make you feel like a million bucks, but will remind you that spring is on its way.
5. Frédérique Earrings. You can either spend tons of time applying makeup, or you can opt for these dazzling diamond drops. The shimmer of 18-karat gold and a half-carat of white diamonds will have everyone looking right at your face.
6. White Pavé Floret Necklace. It may look discreet, but this 48″ chain dotted with diamonds will look perfect with any ensemble, from jeans and a t-shirt to daring evening wear. Wear it long or double it up-either way, you’re dressed for a party.
7. Infinity Cross Pendant. In some circumstances, it’s OK to covet! This gorgeous natural fancy colored diamond pendant is a real showstopper, whether worn in worship or simply in a statement of beauty.
8. Pavé Bracelet. Every girl must have a little bit of rose gold in her jewelry box. This warm metal goes with all skin tones and the repeating motif of the bracelet looks great stacked or alone.
9. Victorian Band. You don’t need to get married to get a little bit of sparkle this holiday season. Oprah wears a diamond infinity band on her pinky-why not take her cue and make this delicate ring a gift to yourself?
10. Green Amethyst Ring. The Marquis cut is back and it’s better than ever! Although it had a dip in popularity, this elongated eye-shape is showing up all over again in designer jewels. Be ahead of the curve with this bold ring in a gorgeous shade of green.
Shop all these styles and much more at Jewels Boutique, www.JewelsBoutique.com.